Dates: 20-21 February 2018
Course duration: Two days
Venue: Benvenuto Conference Centre, 1 Pitsani Rd, Kelland, Randburg, Johannesburg. Map
Times: 08:30 – 16:00Fee: R 10,032.00 per delegate including VAT. This fee includes course notes, lunches, refreshments and assessment.
About the Course
Strategy defines the most effective way to apply the capabilities of an enterprise. Good strategy needs good analysis; developing skills to conduct good strategic analysis is the focus of the course.
This course on Strategy Analysis provides a practical approach and core techniques to identify business needs, problem and opportunities. The application of the approach results in the right information being obtained to design, plan and implement a workable strategy.
You will learn how to apply the Business Model Canvas and supporting Value Proposition Canvas which provides an anlaysis of how your organisation creates, delivers and captures value. These techniques will be supported by useful business environment analysis techniques, writing business cases and developing a strategic plan.
This course is an endorsed course by the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) and is aligned with A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®) Version 3.0.
Who Should Attend?
Business Strategists, Business Managers, Strategic Business Analysts, Strategic Planners, Business Analysts, Business Experts, Enterprise Architects.
Module 1: Introduction to Strategy
- What is strategy?
- The components of strategy
- Identifying good and bad strategy
- The kernel of good strategy
Module 2: Strategy Analysis
- Analysing the current state
- Defining the future state
- Assessing strategic risk
- Defining change strategy
Module 3: Strategic Analysis Techniques
- The Business Model Canvas
- Defining a business model
- The nine building blocks
- Current and future business models
- Designing your value proposition using the Value Proposition Canvas
- PESTLE analysis
- Five Competitive Forces
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) analysis
Module 4: Designing and Implementing Enterprise Strategy
- Writing business cases
- Developing a strategic plan
- Defining strategic initiatives
- Analysing transition requirements
- Measuring strategic success
Practical work is done throughout the course.