Innovation Strategy is a plan to grow market share and profits through product and service innovation. It defines the most effective way to apply the capabilities of an enterprise in an increasingly volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world.
Course Duration: Two Days
Dates: 27 - 28 March 2019
Venue: Benvenuto Conference Centre, 1 Pitsani Rd, Kelland, Randburg, Johannesburg. (Map)
Times: 08:30 - 16:00
Fees: R 9,936.00 per delegate including VAT.
About the Course
This course on Innovation Strategy gives you a practical, approach and core techniques to identify business needs, problems and opportunities using the innovation mindset. The application of the innovation mindset results in effective strategic design and a powerful approach to strategy execution.
You will learn how to apply the Business Model Canvas, supported by the Value Proposition Canvas to design how your enterprise creates, delivers and captures value in the most innovative way. These techniques will be supported by useful business environment mapping techniques.
The course also covers how to build an innovative enterprise and execte strategy through the application of OKSs to ensure continuous product and process innovation.
Who Should Attend
Business Owners, Business Strategists, Entrepreneurs, Business Managers, Product Owners, Strategic Business Analysts, Product Developers and Service Designers.
Module 1: Introduction to Innovation Strategy
- What is strategy?
- What is the innovation mindset?
- Three types of innovation
- The components of innovation strategy
- Identifying good and bad strategy
Module 2: Innovation Strategy Design
- The three planning horizons
- Analyzing the current state
- Defining the future state
- The law of the customer
- Designing innovative strategic initiatives
- Measuring what matters
- Assessing strategic risk
Module 3: Innovation Strategy Techniques
- The Business Model Canvas
- Designing your value proposition using the Value Proposition Canvas
- Applying the jobs-to-be-done
- Mapping the business model environment
Module 4: Innovation Strategy Execution
- Building an innovative enterprise
- The law of the small team
- The law of the network
- Applying Object and Key Results (OKRs) to strategy execution
- Measure, monitor and evolve
Case examples and practical work is done throughout the course.