In an increasingly volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world, an innovation strategy is critical to business profitability and growth.
Course Duration: Two Days
Professional Development Hours: 12
Dates: 26 - 29 February 2020
Venue: Benvenuto Conference Centre, 1 Pitsani Rd, Kelland, Randburg, Johannesburg. (Map)
Times: 08:30 - 16:00
Fees: R 10,902.00 per delegate including VAT. This fee includes course notes, lunches, refreshments and the Viewpoint course assessment.
About the Course
This course gives you a framework to develop a strategic plan to effectively apply the capabilities of your enterprise to continuously innovate your business model including your products, services and processes. You will learn a practical approach and core techniques to identify business needs, define target markets and opportunities using the innovation mindset. The application of the innovation mindset results in effective strategic design and a powerful approach to strategy execution.
You will learn how to apply the Business Model Canvas, supported by the Value Proposition Canvas to design how your enterprise creates, delivers and captures value in the most innovative way. These techniques will be supported by a useful Business Environment Mapping technique.
The course also covers how to build an innovative enterprise and execute strategy through the application of Story Maps and Objectives and Key Results (OKSs) to ensure continuous product and process innovation.
Who Should Attend
Business Owners, Business Strategists, Entrepreneurs, Business Managers, Product Owners, Strategic Business Analysts, Product Developers and Service Designers.
Module 1: Introduction to Innovation Strategy
- What is strategy?
- What is the innovation mindset?
- Three types of innovation
- The components of innovation strategy
- Identifying good and bad strategy
Module 2: Innovation Strategy Design
- The three planning horizons
- Analyzing the current state
- Defining the future state
- The law of the customer
- Designing innovative strategic initiatives
- Measuring what matters
- Assessing strategic risk
Module 3: Innovation Strategy Techniques
- The Business Model Canvas
- Defining a business model
- The nine building blocks
- Current and future business models
- Designing your value proposition using the Value Proposition Canvas
- Applying the jobs-to-be-done lens to identify customer needs
- Mapping the business model environment
- Using Story Maps to bridge the stratigic divide
Module 4: Innovation Strategy Execution
- Building an innovative enterprise
- The law of the small team
- The law of the network
- Applying Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to strategy execution
- Measure, monitor and evolve
Case examples and practical work is done throughout the course.