This course covers the interpersonal communication that business analysts will need in their work. Participants will gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the oral aspects of eliciting information from the business.
Duration: 2 days
Dates: In-company only
Venue: Benvenuto Conference Centre, 1 Pitsani Rd, Kelland, Randburg, Johannesburg. Map
Times: 08:30 – 16:00
Fees: R 10,120.00 per delegate including VAT. This fee includes course notes, lunches, refreshments and assessment.
About the Course
Interpersonal connunication including interviewing, workshop facilitation and presenting are essential business analysis skills. Interviewing is the most widely used requirements elicitation technique while Joint Application Development (JAD) provides a structured approach to running interactive requirements workshops.
The success of a requirements workshop depends on the ability of the facilitator. This course will give you an opportunity to actively develop your workshop facilitation skills.
You will also learn how to present information effectively to stakeholders once requirements have been discovered. This will help you obtain buy-in and support for your project.
This course is an endorsed course by the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) and is aligned with A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of knowledge® (BABOK®) Version 3.0.
Who Should Attend
- Workshop facilitators
- Business Analysts
- Systems Analysts
- Process Analysts
- Development Team Leaders
- Development Team Members
- Information Technology Professionals
All those responsible for gathering requirements and developing business systems.
- Interpersonal communication for Business Analysts
- Requirements elicitation and information gathering techniques
- Understanding styles of thinking in order to improve communication
- Identifying and analysing stakeholders
- Types of interviews
- Developing interviewing skills
- Using body language and non-verbal communication techniques
- Principles of workshop facilitation
- Planning a workshop
- The role of the workshop facilitator
- The role of the workshop participants
- Conducting workshop sessions
- Handling workshop problems
- Developing listening and speaking skills
- Presenting information to stakeholders
- Building consensus and resolving conflict
- Essentials of negotiation
Participants will be coached in workshop facilitation throughout the course.