In this online course you will learn how to read a business process model developed using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN).
You may register for this course at any time.
Registration gives you access to the course material and coaching for 1 month.
R 250.00 per participant including VAT, payable in advance.
About the Course
Business process modelling is an essential component of Business Process Management (BPM) as well as other business process improvement initiatives such as business process redesign, systems development, quality management, compliance and continuous process improvement.
In this course you will learn how to read a business process model developed using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN). BPMN is in the forefront of business process mapping and modelling because it is understandable by both business and technical people.
Who Should Attend?
All business people and business system users who need to understand, improve and manage business processes.
Introduction to Business Process Modelling
- What is a business process model?
- Who are the key users of business process models?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of process models?
Basic Business Process Model Elements
- Identifying lanes, activities and flow element
- Understanding events and gateways
- How to read and understand a basic BPMN model
Business Process Patterns
- Understanding process flows
- Recognising and understanding business process patterns
- Identifying business process logic
More Business Process Elements
- Sub-processes and their applications
- Message, timer and conditional events
- A useful summary of model shapes
Reading a Complex Business Process Model
- A step-by-step walk through a complex BPMN model
- Understanding a process that shows customer interaction
Practical examples are given throughout the course.