This course is designed for the experienced business analyst wishing to write the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) Certification Examinations. It will prepare you for either the CBAP®, CCBA® or ECBA™ examination.
Course Duration: Five days
Dates: 21-25 May 2018
Venue: Benvenuto Conference Centre, 1 Pitsani Road, Kelland, Randburg, Johannesburg. Map
Fees: R16,100.00 per delegate including VAT. This fee includes course notes, lunches, refreshments and trial examination.
IIBA® Professional Development Hours: 35
About the Course
This course is designed for the experienced business analyst wishing to write the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) Certification Examinations. It will prepare you for either the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®), the Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) or the Entry Certificate in Business Analysis™ (ECBA™) examination.
The choice of examination level depends on the number of years of Business Analysis experience you have gained in your career.
This course is an endorsed course by the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) and is aligned with A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®) Version 3.0 which provides the essential knowledge for the IIBA® examinations. The knowledge gained in the course will not only prepare you for the IIBA® examination you choose but will give you an excellent basis for your business analysis career.
Course material includes:
- A copy of The Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®) Version 3.0.
- The CBAP® examination study guide
- Course notes on the BABOK® knowledge areas
- Practical examples and exercises reinforcing BABOK® concepts
- Practice examination questions
- Online study materila
Who Should Attend?
Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Business Experts, Enterprise Architects, Project Leaders, Business Systems Development Team Members and Information Technology Professionals.
Module 1: Introduction
- Purpose of the BABOK®
- What is Business Analysis?
- Who is a Business Analyst?
- Structure of the BABOK®
Module 2: Business Analysis Key Concepts
- The Business Analysis Core Concept Model™
- Key Terms
- Requirements Classification Schema
- Requirements and Designs
Module 3: Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Plan Business Analysis Approach
- Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Plan Business Analysis Governance
- Plan Business Analysis Information Management
- Identify Business Analysis Performance Improvements
Module 4: Elicitation and Collaboration
- Prepare for Elicitation
- Conduct Elicitation
- Confirm Elicitation Results
- Communicate Business Analysis Information
- Manage Stakeholder Collaboration
Module 5: Requirements Life Cycle Management
- Trace Requirements
- Maintain Requirements
- Prioritize Requirements
- Assess Requirements Changes
- Approve Requirements
Module 6: Strategy Analysis
- Analyse Current State
- Define Future State
- Assess Risks
- Define Change Strategy
Module 7: Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
- Specify and Model Requirements
- Verify Requirements
- Validate Requirements
- Define Requirements Architecture
- Define Design Options
- Analyse Potential Value and Recommend Solution
Module 8: Solution Evaluation
- Measure Solution Performance
- Analyse Performance Measures
- Assess Solution Limitations
- Assess Enterprise Limitations
- Recommend Actions to Increase Solution Value
Module 9: Underlying Competencies
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Behavioural Characteristics
- Business Knowledge
- Communication Skills
- Interaction Skills
- Tools and Technology