You will gain the knowledge and skills to analyse, improve, redesign and implement business processes. This will result in breakthrough improvements in quality, cycle-time and service while reducing costs.
Dates: 16-18 August 2017
Venue: Benvenuto Conference Centre, 1 Pitsani Rd, Kelland, Randburg,
Fee: R 13,680.00 per delegate including VAT. This fee includes course notes, lunches, refreshments and assessment.
About the Course
To remain competitive in today's global economy, businesses need to continuously improve their business processes. Existing processes are usually too costly, too wasteful, and often irrelevant to their intended purpose.
This course on Business Process Redesign and Improvement will provide you with the knowledge and skills to analyse, design, transform and manage business processes to achieve breakthrough improvements in effectiveness, efficiency and adaptability. A framework to practically apply the methods and techniques is also provided.
This course is an endorsed course by the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) and is aligned with A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®) Version 3.0 and the Business Process Management Body of Knowledge (BPM CBOK®) Version 3.0.
Who Should Attend?
Business Process Management Professionals, Business Process Analysts, Process Engineers, Process Owners, Operations Managers, Information Technology Professionals, Business Managers, Business Analysts, Enterprise Architects, BPM Team Members, Project Leaders, Quality Specialists and all those responsible for business process redesign and improvement in all industries.
Aligning Business Processes with Business Strategy
- Identifying strategic choices
- The seven elements of a strategic plan
- Using the Business Process Integration Triangle
Defining Business Process Architecture
- Identifying major business processes
- Defining process boundaries and scope
- Classifying business processes
- Generic process architecture models
Selecting Processes for Improvement
- Process selection criteria
- Process selection techniques
Understanding the Existing Process
- Identifying process components
- Diagnosing the health of the process
- Measuring process performance
Understanding Process Customer Requirements
- The three main process customer types
- Relating process attributes to customer requirements
- The three levels of process customer satisfaction
Creating the Process Vision
- The key characteristics of a process vision
- How to create a process vision
- Process performance objectives and attributes
Improving the Process
- Using the Process Improvement Wheel
- Applying the six process improvement techniques
Building the To-Be Process Model
- 10 steps to document the to-be process model
- Applying the 10 steps to a practical example
Transforming the Process
- Evolutionary and revolutionary transformation
- Testing the new process
- BPR and process automation
- Developing an implementation plan
Making Your Process Initiative Successful
- Getting support for your process initiatives
- The nine critical success factors
- Managing the new process