Agile Analysis is the practice of business analysis in an agile context with an agile mindset.
Course Duration: Two Days
Professional Development Hours: 12
Dates: In-company only
Venue: Benvenuto Conference Centre, 1 Pitsani Rd, Kelland, Randburg, Johannesburg. Map
Times: 08:30 - 16:00
Fees: R 9,200.00 per delegate including VAT. This fee includes course notes, lunches, refreshments and the Viewpoint course assessment. This course fee excludes IIBA® exam fees.
About the Course
All business analysts need to learn and adapt agile business analysis techniques to make a contribution to product innovation and agile systems development in the current fast-paced, complex business environment.
In this course you will learn a set of agile business analysis principles and practices that can be applied in any agile development project. The emphasis is on practical application of the most widely-used agile requirements analysis methods and techniques.
This course is an examination preparation course for the competency-based International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) Agile Analysis Certification (IIBA®-AAC) and is aligned with the Agile Extension to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®) Guide.
Who Should Attend
Business Analysts, Business Managers, Agile Professionals, Software Developers, System Developers, Product Managers, IT Managers, Testers, Project Managers and Information Technology Professionals.
Introduction to Agile Business Analysis
- What is Agile Business Analysis?
- The role and importance of the Business Analyst in agile development
- About the IIBA® Agile Analysis Certification (IIBA®-AAC)
- The three horizons of Agile Business Analysis
The Agile Mindset
- What is the agile mindset?
- The Agile Manifesto
- The seven principles of Agile Business Analysis
- Agile methodologies and frameworks
The Strategy Horizon
- Analysing goals, capabilities and context
- Applying agile principles to the strategy horizon
- Planning, Visioning and Relative Estimating
- Developing the Product Road Map
The Initiative Horizon
- Identifying and recommending solution options
- Identifying and prioritizing solution components
- Assessing solution viability
- Epics and Themes
- User Stories, Job Stories and Story Mapping and Story Decomposition
The Delivery Horizon
- User story acceptance criteria - INVEST
- Story estimation
- Maintaining product and iteration backlogs
- Focusing on vision, customer and value
- Working in agile teams
- Agile delivery techniques
Course Material Includes
- Agile Extension v2 to the BABOK®
- The IIBA®-AAC examination guide
- Practical examples and exercises
- Practice examination questions
- Trial examination